BEST PAYOUT ONLINE CASINOS IN CANADA
Welcome to The Casino Heat guide to Canadian casinos with the best payouts. In this guide we recommend only the casinos with payouts greater than 97% so that you can optimise your chances of hitting the big wins! We explain the meaning of Return to Player (RTP) and help you identify games with more favourable odds. And we’ll also highlight the best value bonuses so you can start out with some free casino time.
BEST CANADIAN CASINOS WITH A HIGH RTP
A GUIDE TO CASINO PAYOUTS AND RETURN TO PLAYER
After (or even before) checking the bonuses and the games at your next online casino you should always check the published payout figure. This is expressed as a percentage and is referred to as RTP (Return to Player). So before you get started it’s important to understand how RTP works, which games have the best odds and where you can find them. After reading this report you should have all the knowledge you need to give you the best chances of winning when you play casino games online.
TOP 5 CASINOS WITH HIGH PAYOUTS
Before we delve into what makes a good payout, here is our list of the top 5 high payout casinos:
HIGH RTP GAMES
- Jackpot City
HIGH PAYOUT GAMES
Blackjack – 99%, Baccarat – 99.5%
Up To $1,600
- Spin Casino
HIGH PAYOUT GAMES
Mega Joker – 98%
Video Poker – 99%
Up To $1,000
- 888 Casino
HIGH PAYOUT GAMES
Joker Strike Slot – 98.1%
$88 No Deposit
- Play OJO
HIGH PAYOUT GAMES
Carribean Stud Poker – 96.3%
50 Wager Free Spins
- 21 Prive
HIGH PAYOUT GAMES
Ultimate Texas Hold Em – 97.8%
Up To $1,500
HIGH PAYOUT CASINO SUMMARY REVIEWS
Canadian casino players will most likely be familiar with Jackpot City which has been around since 1998. There aggregated payout rate of 97.8% is indicative of a brand that offers the best value possible to its customers. Games like Evolution’s Live Texas Hold Em (97.8% RTP) and NetEnt’s Mega Joker (98% RTP) makes this a high RTP casino. A low $10 minimum deposit for the $1,600 bonus package also make this operator great value.
Sister site to Jackpot City and owned by Bayton Limited, Spin Casino also offers a generous welcome package of $1,000 and runs at an average RTP of 97.4%, putting it high up in the list of high paying casinos in Canada. You can enjoy the full range of Microgaming slots here including high paying progressive games like Mega Moolah and Wheel of Wishes.
You can join 888 today and claim an $88 free sign up bonus – no deposit needed. That makes it great value already before you’ve even checked out the 97.4% aggregated RTP. 888 features over 1,000 games in total including high RTP slots like Mega Joker by NetEnt and Wolfpack Pays by NextGen. They also accept Interac and Apple Pay payments.
PLAY OJO CASINO
As well as offering over 2,000 slots and live dealer games, including high RTP slots like King of Chicago and Blood Suckers, Play OJO is famous for it’s ‘no bullshit’ promotions policy which means you get all your free spins with no wagering requirements. Just deposit $10 and you will receive 50 free spins to start off with.
21 PRIVE CASINO
21 Prive is a White Hat Gaming casino with over 1,000 slots and live dealer tables and a 97.1% RTP. Their game catalogue includes all the top high RTP slots from NetEnt as well as big payout progressives like Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune Dreams. 21 Prive is fully licensed in Malta and offers up to $1,500 bonuses to new players who deposit $20 or more.
WHAT ARE CASINO PAYOUTS?
After (or even before) checking the bonuses and the games at your next online casino you should always check the published payout figure. This is expressed as a percentage and is referred to as RTP (Return to Player).
UNDERSTANDING RETURN TO PLAYER (RTP)
Casino RTP, or Theoretical RTP, refers to the amount of money a casino will pay out in prizes as a percentage of all money wagered over time. Every game in a casino will have its own RTP, but a casino will also publish its current aggregated payout rate which is an expression of all the money paid out as a percentage of all the money wagered on its games. Typically this figure will be around 96%, but we have found sites that regularly payout 97% or more.
A 97% payout figure means that on average, for every $100 wagered at the casino, $97 is paid out in prizes. This is just an average of course. In reality, every player will experience a different RTP. Some lower, and some higher than 97%. This randomness is what makes gambling fun, and why some players will come away with dollars in their pockets, and others will come away empty handed.
CASINO GAMES AND RTP
It’s not just the different casinos that have different RTP. Different games, and different sets of games, have different RTPs too. Here are the main game groupings and their RTP value.
AVERAGE CASINO GAME PAYOUTS
- Slots – 96%
- Blackjack – 99%
- Baccarat – 99%
- European Roulette – 97.3%
- American Roulette – 94.7%
- Craps – 98.6%
- Video Poker – 99%
- Ultimate Texas Hold Em (Evolution Gaming) – 97.8%
- Caribbean Stud Poker (Evolution Gaming) – 96.3%
Remember as well that some games have an element of skill in them that allow the player to manipulate the RTP to their advantage by playing at the optimum strategy. For example, by playing Blackjack according to the best strategies you can push the RTP up over 99%. Slots, on the other hand, are fixed odds games. This means that the outcome of every spin is entirely random.
ONLINE SLOTS WITH HIGH PAYOUTS
There is no question that online slots are the most popular of all the games available at online casinos. They are quick, fun and offers lots of chances to win big. The RTP of these games sits mainly at around 96%, but some can be as high as 98% or more as we are about to show.
TOP 10 ONLINE SLOTS BY PAYOUT PERCENTAGE
- Mega Joker by NetEnt – 99% RTP
- 1429 Unchartered Seas by Thunderkick- 98.5% RTP
- Joker Strike by Quickspin – 98.11% RTP
- Bob the Epic Viking Quest by NetEnt – 98% RTP
- Blood Suckers by NetEnt – 98% RTP
- Kings of Chicago by NetEnt – 97.8% RTP
- Wolfpack Pays by NextGen – 97.76% RTP
- Devil’s Delight by NetEnt – 97.6% RTP
- Magicious by Thunderkick – 96% RTP
- Esqueleto Explosivo by Thunderkick- 96% RTP
Of course, with slots its not just about the RTP, the payout potential of a game is important too. This refers to the top value prize that a game can pay on a single spin. The biggest prizes available in slots are on the progressive jackpot games like Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune. But non-progressives can pay out some big money as well.
5 SLOTS WITH THE BIGGEST PAYOUT POTENTIAL
WHAT MAKES A HIGH PAYOUT CASINO?
It’s important to realise that there are other factors that define a high payout casino other than just the RTP and payout potential of the games. Consider these points too:
BONUS VALUE AND WAGERING REQUIREMENTS
A good casino bonus package potentially means higher payouts on your deposit – after all, you are playing with both your own money AND the casinos money, and for a 100% match you get twice as many chances to win. But it’s not quite that simple – almost all bonuses come with wagering requirements which must be met before you can make a withdrawal of your winnings. And lower wagering requirements means a better value bonus. Check out our casino bonus page for more on this.
GAMES AND SOFTWARE
The overall payout rate of a casino will be dependent on the games and software available. As we have already explained, some slots have much better RTP than others. Games like Mega Joker and Magicious are much better value than others. All our casino reviews list the games and software available to help you choose one with a good payout.
The best return you can get from any casino game is from the progressive jackpot slots. These are games like Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune. For just a small stake of $1 or less it’s possible to win a multi-million dollar jackpot prize. So if you want the chance to win big like this, look for casinos that offer a big range of progressives.
LICENSING AND 3RD PARTY AUDITS OF GAME PAYOUTS
The advertised RTP of a casino and its games is important, but can that figure be trusted?
Online casino games at licensed sites are audited by 3rd parties to ensure that they are fair and that the outcome of every event is completely random. Auditing is a condition of the license issued by jurisdiction like the Malta Gaming Authority and the Khanawake Gaming Commission. All the sites listed on The Casino Heat are licensed and the games have been audited in this way. The three biggest auditors of casino games are these ones:
eCorga – This UK based game auditor is the most frequently cited by gambling operators. They certify the games and platforms for hundreds of casinos in Europe and Canada.
Gaming Labatories International – Just like eCorga, GLI provide auditing services for many top names in the online gambling industry. Their logo on a game or site is a sign of integrity and fairness.
iTech Labs – iTech is another leading testing laboratory for online gaming technologies. They have been auditing since 2004 in Europe, Asia and Australia.
SUMMARY - HOW TO FIND HIGH PAYOUT CASINOS
So now you know what makes a high payout casino, here is a short 5 step plan to finding casinos with the best odds of winning.
- Browse our list and read our reviews – every one of the casinos listed at The Casino Heat has been comprehensively reviewed to be sure that it is trusted, safe and fair.
- Choose a game with a high RTP – look for slots and table games where the RTP is higher than average. You can find the top paying games on this page, or you can check the info screens of any game before you start playing.
- Check game strategies – if you are playing table games like Blackjack, use a game strategy to be sure that you are minimising the house edge.
- Look for good value bonuses – don’t just choose one with a high bonus figure but check the wagering requirements and terms as well. Getting a good value bonus will help you achieve better returns on your deposit.
- Always play at licensed sites – these are fair and trusted and the games have been fully audited.
- No, the house edge is the flip side of the RTP. The RTP refers to how much a player can expect to win back from their wagering on average. The house edge refers to how much the operator holds from all the money wagered. A 97% RTP equates to a 3% house edge.
- No, not always. Some software providers fix the RTP of their games whilst others make them flexible so that an operator can choose to set the value as they wish. This is true for a small number of slots, though largely wheverever you play the RTP will be the same. Remember that table games like Blackjack come in many different formats too so the RTP will vary depending on which version of the game you are playing.
There are a few video poker games that have an RTP that is above 100%. For example, Double Bonus Poker has an RTP of 100.17% due to a very generous payout for 4 of a kind.
- No, the game payouts should not be rigged provided you play at licensed sites where the games have been fully audited and tested. Just be sure that you only play at sites with licensing from a trusted jurisdiction.